Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2009 MTV VMA's

So by now I'm sure you are all sick of hearing about the VMA's (since it seems to be the only topic of discussion the past week) but I figured I'd give my own personal critique about the show. Let's start off with the stage: MUCH better than last year's, which looked thrown together at the last minute. This year's staging and lighting was very well done. Russel Brand, the host, was fairly funny for most of the night but got a little annoying when he talked too much. I must agree with my fellow beScener who listed the Best Dressed in one of the posts below me, but I'd like to add a few people who she didn't list: Taylor Swift (who's Kaufman Franco dress was to DIE for), Beyonce (whose minimal make-up complimented her well), Lady Gaga's Jean Paul Gaultier lace & feathered frock (along with her Phantom of the Opera Mask---she's an artist and I loved it), and I actually loved Stephanie Pratt's dress (though not a fan of hers). As for the Worst dressed, I really hate bashing people on their style. However a few celebrities who left me unimpressed: Meagan Fox (with all the amazing dresses she's been seen strutting around she could have picked something better, Kristen Stewart (sorry to disagree with you Carla, but just because we love the movies doesn't mean we have to love the actress--i know i'm going to hear it from my girls for syaing this--and not only did the color of the dress not compliment her but it wasn't cute on her), Ashley Greene (her D&G skirt needed something more dazzling then the seperate she paired it with), Pink's performance ensemble (do I have to explain this?), and Lo Bosworth (yeah, ummm...cute but really not lol). As per the performances, I was very pleased with ALL of them! I felt everyone did an amazing job. Janet's opening Michael Jackson tribute was great (although she was off on a few steps), Lady Gaga's bloody performance left me absolutely speechless and jumping around in my room (glad she proved she can REALLY sing), Pink's Trapeze act was breathtaking and graceful (and took some balls), Greenday rocked out with everyone on their stage, Beyonce's lighting was absolutely PERFECT and her ensemble was a` la Lady Gaga sans pants, Taylor Swift put a smile on my face and made me want to ride a subway, Muse (who inspired Stephanie Meyer to write the Twilight books) was great also, and Wale & UBD (the band that sang during every intermission with various artists also on stage with them) did a great job! OF COURSE I'm ALSO going to diss Kanye for being such a DOUCHE to the amazingly talented Taylor Swift. I love your work Kanye, but honestly, you can thank that little attitude of yours for leaving empty handed from the VMA's and why everyone BOOED everytime your name was mentioned ;> Big ups to Beyonce, whose class still astounds me, for giving her Video of the Year moment over to Taylor and allowed her to finish her speach. That made me want to tear lol. Oh, and I can't leave out that the New Moon Trailer (which I posted below) now has me DESPERATE for the release date! All in all it was a great, entertaining show!

xoxo
SceneQueen Sabb

No comments:

Post a Comment